Monday, April 25, 2011

Ants Go Marching

      I was walking around like usual and I saw a trail of ants in our apartment. They would follow one after another to some target destination and then back to the colony. Not having enough time to actually see what the ants were going to find or where the colony was, I left. I would take care of the matter later because I remember an experience that happened at home a while back on how to take care of ants.
     I was down in the basement looking at pictures, just burning some time waiting for someone to come get me. While I was burning time I noticed out of the corner of my eye a line that was moving. I walked over to get a better look. Come to find out ants we on the move. I watched them for a second. With a little soap I would interrupt the line, trying to stop the work form going on. The ants would be confused for a second but eventually they would go around and not worry about the distraction. It bothered me because I wanted them to leave.
     Then I decided that to stop the invasion of ants I had to find the source and destroy it. I followed the ant line for a few moments to find a group of ants piled around a french-fry which had been dropped a few days ago. I grabbed the fry shook off the ants and disposed of it in the wood burning stove. I HAD STOPED  THE INVASION!!!
     Sometimes people act like Ants. We follow the crowd. Most of the time that crowd is going to some type of sin and normally the bigger the group means the more prone we are to follow the group. The normal cry of someone who is caught-in-the-act will cry out, "Everyone else was doing." Well when you follow a group everyone in that group is going to do the same thing. If you are every caught in that situation, "just run - run as far away as you can get from whatever or whoever it is that beguiles you. And please, when fleeing the scene of temptation do not leave a forwarding address." Jeffrey R Holland Just like what I did with that french fry, pick that sin up and get rid of it. Get it out of sight and out of mind. I promise a greater sense of self-worth will come as you choose to get ride of any sin that besets you.

No comments:

Post a Comment