Monday, February 6, 2012

With a Heavy Heart

     This last Sunday was a rough Sunday. The Clarksville 2nd and 3rd wards were split into three different wards. I am no longer in 3rd ward but I am in 5th ward yet I am still living around the same people when I was working in 3rd ward. When I heard the news that I would be moving it felt like someone had put duct tape on my leg, pulled it half way off and then proceed to slowly pull the rest of the tape off. That pain felt during the meeting was amplified as I made the wrong move of looking back to see faces of the people that I would not be seeing as often. Doing that just made me feel with discouragement.
     What happened next is the true moral of the story other than not putting duct tape on your unshaven legs. With a heavy heart I turned to God and asked for comfort. I didn't expect any out of the ordinary event. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know what I needed at the time but I came to find out that all I needed was word of encouragement. So I flipped open my scriptures and they fell open to Alma 4:3-4. "And so great were their afflictions that every soul had cause to mourn; and they believed that it was the judgments of God... therefore they were awakened to a remembrance of their duty. And they began to establish the church more fully; yea, and many were baptized in the waters of Sidon and were joined to the church of God..." Now I don't believe that the ward splitting was a punishment from God but I do know that it brought me to a remembrance of my duty.
      I firmly believe that as we take questions to God they will be answered with the scriptures. Overall it is about four thousand years of recorded human history in a book. Someone is bound to have a similar problem like the one you are going through. Sometimes we need to take down the walls of ‘I can do this’ and take note of how the Lord wants it done. I know that the Book of Mormon answers questions of the souls. It gives guidance and direction in our day to every day challenges. I would challenge you to take questions to the Lord and see what you can find. "For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:8

No comments:

Post a Comment