Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Small and Simple

     The events that happened on that Spring day in 1820 were anything but usual. Sure, maybe everyone else in town was going about the regular routine but it seems like the Lord likes to work almost inconspicuously with people one by one.
     While everyone in up-state New York was going around the normal schedule. There was at least one thing that was not normal. It was the one boy who was out in the trees. He wasn't playing  but he was on his knees praying. Showing complete faith that God would answer his prayer.
     It is "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and by very small... and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls." Alma 37:6-7 It is by that small pray that Joseph gave to know which of the sects were true. It is by that small prayer did we get the answer of a life time.
     "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me."
     "It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!”" Joseph Smith History 1:16-17
     I know that with all the fibers in my being that Joseph saw God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ and as we work on the small and simple things like read the scriptures, keep the commandments, pray with more intent, and have the "can do it" attitude. We will see marvelous happen because of those small and simple act.

No comments:

Post a Comment